Very good, I agree with you on the marketing etc. Cant remember a concept album this good lately.
thoughts by nin fans?
From my first listen, I really like it. Very different but very good. Wonderfully made, amazing story and marketing campaign. Word is the movie rights are in the works.
I have followed the story until the release avoiding all sounds except those associated with the leaks.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
Very good, I agree with you on the marketing etc. Cant remember a concept album this good lately.
im waiting to buy mine...gotta wait til pay day
"To be the man, you've got to beat the man."
The cd itself is even cool, its made from some type of thermal something...changes colors with the tempreature.
quit teasing
"To be the man, you've got to beat the man."
Maybe it will amaze everybody like that Tool case did last year
i may have to go check it out.
You're dead on with that assessment, yankeeNOLA. Year Zero is an awesome album. It's futuristic, yet, some of it reminds me of their older stuff which is always great. My favorite track so far is Capital G. Great concept overall as well.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Downward Spiral was a concept album as well. As far as year zero goes, I'd say it is Trent's 3rd best album. Doesn't compare to Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Spiral..but in my book there isn't much music out there that does. I really like the album tho...maybe he can start putting out music on a more frequent basis with his new approach and mastery of the software he has been using.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I feel The Fragile is the best NIN album, being a life long fan Id say
The Fragile
Downward Spiral
Pretty Hate Machine
With Teeth
Broken
Cant put Year Zero in there yet, have to give it some more listens.
And all that could have been (live album)
Still
are two of my favorite non-commercial album releases.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
Bookmarks